Introduction and Questions

Subject: Introduction and Questions
From: Steven Janicki <SJANICKI@us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:47:29
Hello, I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself as well as ask
for advice.

First, I am a fixed wing and helicopter pilot with an ATP in Helicopters and
Private/Instrument fixed wing rating.  I am also and A&P Mechanic.  I have
owned an RV6 and have recently sold it to pursue the building of an airplane
that I can operate more economically and trailer home for storage and
maintenance.

My research has brought me to 2 designs.  Both are composit construction,
Rotax Engine powered, removeable wings for trailering, 200 MPH capable.  The
designs are the Pulsar III and the Europa XS.

I really like the Europa as it's specifications show it to be a roomier
aircraft with the option to build a child seat in the baggage compartment.
However, what I like about the Pulsar is the 'center stick design'.  Similar
to the KR2/Dragon Fly.  As I am a Helicopter Pilot I am most comfortable
with
the stick in my right hand the throttle in the left hand.

Has anyone built a Europa with a second throttle on the left hand side
(similar to Falco)?

Can someone please share with me their building/flying experience with the
Europa XS?  How has the factory support been?  What is the quality of the
components, manuals, fit and finish, anything unexpected?

Thank's in advance for any advice!

Regards,

Steve

                The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
                do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

When once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

                                            -- Leonardo Da Vinci

Steven B. Janicki
Director Internet/Intranet Services
ORACLE Data Center