Re: Plastic Sheeting

Subject: Re: Plastic Sheeting
From: JohnJMoran <JohnJMoran@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:25:11

<< Up to now I've been using cling film (Reynolds Wrap over here) but its
 suddenly dawned on me (ding!) to use black plastic bin liner material.

 Its a little thicker, more managable, you can see that you are properly wet
 out and you can see what you are doing when cutting them the same width as
 the bid tapes. You won't leave any behind on the part either.

 I am sure that this has been obvious to everyone else - but just thought
 I'd mention it just in case.

Re: cutting plastic to width for bid tapes.

It took a while for me to realize that its much easier to wet out a wide
section of bid on plastic and then cut it into strips along with the plastic.
Avoids those split ends and frayed edges which can be trimmed off and tossed.
Of course, you'll miss the challenge of working with 2" strips of dry bid....

Also,  temporarily putting another piece of 4 mil clear plastic on top after
pouring some epoxy on allows working a minimal amount of epoxy in for wet out
without disturbing the weave.  It's faster and saves a bit of weight.

John      A044                Newtown, CT