Re: LCD bar graph

Subject: Re: LCD bar graph
From: Mike <zeus@myth.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 19:23:39
Jerry wrote:

> Several people suggested we use an LED stack for fuel contents display. We
> did in fact used to do this but found they were difficult to read in some
> light conditions. We would however like to find an inexpensive LCD bar
> graph/stack. If anybody know of one we'de love to know as well.

I think a backlit dot matrix LCD would be the best solution. Loads of
places like RS Components, Farnell, Maplin etc. do them in various
types. You would need to program a PIC or microcontroller, but with that
you could filter out the movement of fuel. Calibration would be much
easier too. Manufacturers make so many dot matrix LCDs that they are
probably cheaper than bargraphs anyway.

Mike.