Introducing myself + 6 questions

Subject: Introducing myself + 6 questions
From: Jens-Achim Frei <jaf@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:43:56

My name is Jens-Achim Frei, I'm a 32 years old consultant for data storage
/ data processing and 'm living in Roth, Germany (little town between
Nurnberg and Munich). My flight experience is 700 h (50 h glider, 300
powered glider, 300 h cessnas / piper / robin ...) all over Europe and from
Florida to New Mexico.

I'm planning to build together with my friend Peter Hafner (born in Zurich,
Switzerland, living in Nurnberg). He is an architekt, I'm an engineer.

We want to build a fast (> 180 km/h) plane with STOL characteristics and
foldable wings and are focussing our interest on the Europa and the
Glastar.

Please, give me your opinion on these questions:

* Why did you choose the Europa? Why not the Glastar or a more simple
project, e.g. Kitfox?

* How much time per week do you spend on building and how long do you think
this process will last? Are you alone?

* How much money did you spent / will you spend?

* Every private plane spends more time on the ground than in the air: Where
and how do you (plan to) store the plane? Do you tow it with your car to
the airfield? On what kind of facility?

* Maybe a stupid question: I have 200h experience on the SF25C, which has
quite the same gear as the Europa. I still know how hard it was to
stabilize it on it's monowheel while mounting the wings: Work for 8 - 10
strong men over all. What about the Europa?

* Due to my powered glider experience (the smartest way to fly, on my
opinion) I'm very interested in the glider wings for the Europa (I read
about a few weeks ago). Who has experience with this (descent rate, glide
ratio, cruise speed, fuel consumption)?

Regards,
     Jens