Re: Re: Mechanical fuel gage, repeater

Subject: Re: Re: Mechanical fuel gage, repeater
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:02:26
In a message dated 27/02/98  23:02:56,  100421.2123@compuserve.com writes:

<< I think I would prefer a bar graph anyway. Meters don't give a very
 meaningful display for fuel contents IMHO. They remind me of the gauge in
 my car. >>

I would agree while you are talking normal small meters with 60 deg movements.
But the scale length and therefore resolution available on 270 to 360 deg.
movements (like the ASI, and also available just a electrical meters),
transforms this.

Because of the dramatic changes in section of the Europa tank it is really
quite important to be sure when you pause at the tunnel section on one side,
and are going into the reserve area on the other.  IMHO a bar graph would need
at least 30 sections for comfort, and more if you are concerned with accurate
consumption figures for each flight.

Graham C. G-EMIN