Primers & Etch Primers

Subject: Primers & Etch Primers
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 20:27:15

When Bob & I built the US tri-gear demonstrator we primed all metal parts with
aerosol Zinc Chromate which according to Mr Spruce provide maximum adhesion to
bare aluminium and steel.

I would be very intersted to hear opinions of these two options for protecting
steel/alloy/ali parts.

Personally I can't believe that a microscopic etch would lead to crack
propagation
- would it?

Is aerosol Zinc Chromate available in the UK?

( BTW I am suffering withdrawl symptoms from lack of Europa flying - it is that
good.)

<META content'"MSHTML 4.71.1712.3"' nameGENERATOR>

steel.

also contains a Phosphoric Acid etching agent.

opinions of these two options for protecting steel/alloy/ali parts.

microscopic etch would lead to crack propagation - would it?

the UK?

good.)