Re: Reserve tanks

Subject: Re: Reserve tanks
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 04:13:47
In a message dated 30/01/98  17:02:32, Andy wrote:

<< The aux tank will feed into the reserve side of the tank so you will be
looking for
somewhere to land by this time anyway. If you were really desperate for that
2.5 litres, you could always undo the fixings holding the tank in place and
lift it! >>

Agreed, but it is another 5lbs of useless weight to carry around.  I would be
inclined to mount it raised up 3" anyway.

BTW the PFA has suggested I would be at physical risk lifting a 25 ltr tank
into the aeroplane. The XS is 42 ltrs or 140 lbs !   So it would need to be
fuelled after it is in the cabin.   Is any sort of  extension hose sealable to
the inlet available ?

Can anyone send me a picture of this tank and its fittings ?

Graham C  G-EMIN