Re: Tail Wheel Mod again

Subject: Re: Tail Wheel Mod again
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:17:59
In a message dated 29/01/98  15:30:31, Rolph wrote:

<< result one broken roll pin again!  >>

When applying for my version of the tailwheel mod to the PFA I proposed
leaving out the pin  and putting a  bolt upwards at the centre of the
tailwheel arm. This would prevent the wheel going right round by contacting
the spring arm yet still allow one to push almost directly backwards.

The reply was:-

"..the aeroplane should not be pushed backwards .... this is a case where
beefing up the stop will only encourage worse misuse "

How about locking on a "parking clamp" to keep it in the straight ahead
position Then it could be pushed straight back and any manoevering required
would force the mover to lift the wheel.  Wouldn't take up valuable cargo
space .

Graham C G-EMIN