Aileron trim

Subject: Aileron trim
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:36:19

> I was wondering what has been done in the area of wing levelling.  I had
> planned on using a MAC servo in the aileron with a small tab which I have
> discussed with  Europa US.  But I wanted to get the opinions/ thoughts/
> tried and true results/ of my fellow builders.

Lee, Firstly - Welcome. Pity you won't get to build your wings :-)

I know of one US builder who has fitted an aileron trim tab. He used the same
MAC aileron trim servo as supplied with the Lancair and built it into the
aileron to drive a small trim tab cut out on one of the wings. You will have
to ask MAC specially for the servo as it is one they normally don't list.

The builder in question did the modification after the ailerons were
complete.

Quite a few Europa builders use the Navaid wing leveller to accomplish the
same - and get GPS coupled autopilot facilities thrown in.

Good luck with the build.

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631