Re: Beyond Iceland

Subject: Re: Beyond Iceland
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:42:48

----------

> Hi:
>
> If you ship to Halifax, let me know. We have two very nice EAA
> chapters here, good airfields and a Europa builder starving to
> see a REAL FINISHED EUROPAS in this part of the world! Halifax is
> one of the largest container harbours on the east coast!
>
> Christoph Both #223, Wolfville, Halifax, Canada

> From:          Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk> Subject:       Re:
>
> >Interesting trip.
> >Anyone know  the cost of air-freighting a completed Europa in a box from UK
> >to nearest eastern US landfall?!
> >

> I personally favour shipping it over roro on the trailer, finding someone
> with a tow hitch, and at the nearest airfield, you're 15 minutes away from
> flying.
>
> When it's finished that is....
>
> Miles

Europaviators......
   I second Christoph's motion. Ship container (should hold several) to HFX,
assemble
locally and, after Christoph's local field, two legs to Burlington ON (I
have a transporter if needed), visit the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum,
then leisurely two legs thru Port Huron MI (customs) to OSH.
   Alternative to Burlington (CZBA) would be London ON (CYXU) where two Euros
are
building and another fine EAA chapter exists. There are a number of JUL/AUG
events which you might consider along the way.

Just a thought
Happy Landings
Ferg Kyle #A064