Re: Beyond Iceland

Subject: Re: Beyond Iceland
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:35:35
True--last time I passed through (in a rather thirsty Beech Baron,
alas), it was $8.29 at Sondrestromfjord.  At least both Sondrestrom and
Narssarssuaq now have avgas fuelers with meters; until a few years ago,
you had to buy it by the 200-l drum (i.e., if you needed 220 l, you
bought and paid for 400...but the local Inuit have some of the
smoothest-running outboard motors and snowmobiles I've ever
encountered!).  You'll probably still have to do the drum routine at
Kulusuk, but it might not be much of a problem if a couple of Europas
could share one.

                        brgds, psl