Europa mail general posting - control stiffness

Subject: Europa mail general posting - control stiffness
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:42:53
BRASSO POLISH WORKS ! I have injected Brasso onto all four Tufnol bearings
and vigorously worked the control stick until a black slurry emerged (Tufnol &
Aluminium).
Then I flushed out with brake & clutch solvent cleaner and oiled all four
locations
and
the stiffness has now gone !  However if your module is in the fuselage how you
get the resultant
mess out would be a problem,  I had the module on end and gravity helped !
So now I'm wondering if I have enough clearance for cold weather ? So I need to
know
how big the problem is from someone with "cold weather " stiffness ?

Regards
Bob Harrison.