Re: Terra Coms etc.

Subject: Re: Terra Coms etc.
From: CesarFdez <CesarFdez@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:49:53

<< Anybody who is thinking of buying Terra coms should proceed with care.
Having talked to Thurstons (new MD by the way , Tony O'Kill), there continue
 be major problems with supply - no parts or units available to him until
 2nd Quarter 1998 - warranty claims have also not been met for about 12
 months. He is going to see them in Dec - his phone number is 01737
 822215. >>

I used to have a Cessna 150 and bought (and have it installed) a brand new
Terra navcom that had 720 or 760 com channels (don't remember now).

I had problems with the "communications" part of it (lots of interference from
nearby tall antennas in Southwest Houston)  and "nav" sensitivity wasn't very
good either.

Looking back I would much rather own a used King, Narco or Collins navcom than
a brand new Terra!

Regards,

Cesar Fernandez - Houston, Texas, USA
(281) 495-6006; Pager (713) 994-0000