General Europa Posting re ; Control Stiffness

Subject: General Europa Posting re ; Control Stiffness
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:27:49
My problem with contorl stiffness is quite simple - what is a running fit ? -
What
is wear ?
I was relucant to free off the tufnol bearings too much since everything is
assembled
"for life"
(and in any case since I have only flown a Ruston Bucyrus excavator, with air
controls
!)
I think Europa should have given us a simple torque test to do on each bearing
before final
assembly.  However I have the problem to grasp and before I rip it all out and
start again I have
just reduced a piece of aluminium, in five minutes, by one thou by rubbing a
piece
of scrap tufnol
onto it with brasso polish ! It has also removed the tops of the Europa
machining
marks from the
tufnol !  Can anyone advise if brasso solvent would be harmful to the flocks or
module resins ?
(I have built in some lubrication facilities on all four bearings - courtesy
Roger
Cullum builder 100
which makes it easy to inject the brasso and more importantly easy to flush it
our ).

RE; - Enquiry from Dave Cope I was fool enough to buy all three stages last
March
so I am
subject to "having my leg lifted " for any up grading ! I have just finished
cockpit
module and wing
trial assembly and fixing of bell crank fuselage brackets - all signed off
excepting
the foregoing of
this message !  Feel free to contact any time but not to forget I still havn't
retired so speed of reply
may be erratic especially since we are sill novices on the net !. We are 4 Wold
View, Caistor. Lincolnshire
LN7 6UU,

Regards
Bob Harrison.