Re: FAQ v1

Subject: Re: FAQ v1
From: RonSwinden <RonSwinden@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:13:13
Dear Rowland
                    thanks a lot for the FAQ file we have needed it for some
time
Two points come to mind
1. This group is free as you say but it started that way through the
generosity of Avnet so if you do not have a provider or wish to change your
provider you might give them a trial. (So far as I know Avnet still do not
charge for their service but as I am no longer up to speed as a committee
member I am not sure of that) and our thanks are due to them for their
generosity

2. The build times given in the lists from the factory and Rowland show some
times around 900 hrs.  I may be wrong but I think that any check on these
figures would find that such times did not include things like filling and
painting or possibly  wiring particularly panel wiring  or  what have you.
What bits you choose to farm out  may simply reflect your particular skills or
lack of them but as  a very experienced painter  painter I know took 250 hours
to  paint a Europa  I  would find it very  hard indeed to believe that any
builder pro or amateur could complete a plane to a safe standard (even an  XS)
in 650 hrs.

Ron S  No 33 and still building and enjoying

PS the average of Rowlands figures is just over 2200 hours ignoring 3 +  signs
and that seems about  a realistic figure
to me bearing in mind that some if not all of the figures quoted  almost
certainly  had their own quota of professional help not included in the hours
count.  RS