Re:

Subject: Re:
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 10:43:27
 22>

>SIR please send me all info concerning BMW aircraft engine, thankyou
>Winston Perkins

Dear Mr Perkins,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the BMW aircraft engine
that we are developing. Please find below the information included in our
Newsletter 18 by MR Ivan Shaw.

BMW 1100 RS

The engine gear box combination has now completed 100 hours of running. The
engine has run flawlessly throughout, as has the gear box. The problem has
been sorting out the torsional vibrations with a variety of soft couplings,
ramp cam devices and slipper clutches Every time a problem occurred the
hour meter was put back to zero. The good news is that the fifty hours have
been totally trouble free with the gear box being stripped and found to be
in perfect order.

Development is continuing and we now need to fit it into a Europa and fly
off another 100 hours.

I hope you will find this information satisfactory. Should you however
require further details, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Lauren Charvet