hinge pins

Subject: hinge pins
From: Barry Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 12:46:15
Aircraft quality hinge pin wire is a hard drawn AISI 302 wire with a tensile of

about 1300 N/mm which is over 3 times the strength of stainless welding wire!!
I am sure that we all noticed how hard it is when we tried to cut it.
Also the reduction of the diameter from 2,4 to 1,6 mm is a reduction of cross
section of approx a half!
Is the remaining strength enough for having some aerobatic fun? I have no idea

but I will not be experimenting with this mod using welding wire.

If anyone is going to take this route I would like to suggest they either look

for some Type 302 hard drawn spring wire at their local stockists or please do

not fly over my house!!

Seasons greetings to you all

Barry Tennant
D-EHBT