Points to ponder

Subject: Points to ponder
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:32:43
Dear All,

First, let me add my whole-hearted recommendation to get Ron Wanttaja's
book "Kitplane Construction" 2nd Edition.  I can't think of a better way
to focus one's attention on the important aspects of choosing/building
an experimental aircraft.  I consider it a must read for those like
myself yet to dive into the builders' pool, and a pretty good reference
for those underway as well.  Mr. Wanttaja does a great job of bringing
the big picture into sharp relief.  The ISBN is 0-07-068161-9(paperback)
and 0-07-068160-0(hardbound).

Now to ask for some input in regards to a point made in the book.  Ron
mentions that trailering one's a/c to and from the airport from home may
not be all that practical.  His main point is the harshness of road
vibration at 50 mph vs. rolling out on a runway at the same speed.  My
particular trip is 5 miles one way, over concrete and asphalt surfaces
of medium smoothness, my top speed would be 35 mph, 40 if I had a hot
date.

I would appreciate some feedback from  you eagles among us who are
towing your pride and joy.  What do you see as the pro's and cons?

Regards,

Steve Genotte