Re: About Plane and Pilot measures

Subject: Re: About Plane and Pilot measures
From: 303print <303print@northrim.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:48:53
Ron Wanttaja has listed these measurements for the Europa, please
comment as to their accuracy

                               HIPS        SHLDR        HEAD        LEG
Europa                      18        40                 37.5        40
C172                          19.5     40          38.5        50

Looks like the biggest difference is in the leg room. I don't know if
this if this is for the XS, but I assume not. Then the XS would have
more hip and leg room.

Is the problem the taller builders are having to do with legroom or
headroom? Or a combination of both?

I was ready to purchase a kit this fall but have decided to hold off
untill I can actually sit in one. My reason for that is I am 6'5" and am
concerned if I will fit. (flew a Glastar and I fit great, but it is my
second choice)

Based on Ron's comparison figures it looks to me like leg room is the
concern, not headroom.

Any coments? Graham, share your wisdom!

Ken