Re: Wing Tip Shape

Subject: Re: Wing Tip Shape
From: ChuckPops@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:54:33
Mark-

I also had seriously considered shaping my wingtips a la Hoerner, which I
know will unquestionably produce a virtual increase in aspect ratio.  I  have
some experience, having Hoernerized my propellor tips a couple of years ago
and realizing a definite increase in thrust.  After considering all aspects,
though, including nav lights, self-rigging, trailering, damage
susceptability, and the fact that the Europa is a joy to fly as it is, I
elected to stick with the factory specified teardrop wingtips.

Regards,

Pops
A036