avionics-any advice/bargains

Subject: avionics-any advice/bargains
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:43:42
Dear Europals.   Thanks for the responses todate!

That turn and slip sounds like a bargain Tony, I'll pop round later and pick
it up.
Hope you dont mind payment in the old pounds though, I dont know where to get
those USD's.

I note that both Tony and Graham advocate a wing leveler, are they expensive,
and would I need a PFA approval?

Graham is also advocating a second hand electric attitude indicator (and an
electric direction indicator, I guess). Well I have tried B & Q and
Avionics-R-Us, but have drawn a blank so far. Where do you get second hand
electric thingies?

What is wrong with sticking one of those hooters on the top of the fin ( you
know the ones that suck instead of blowing) That way you could have the best
of both worlds; viz, reliable low cost suction devices, and when all else
fails at least I would go into the ground the right way up.

Seriously though. These things are going to consume energy to drive them, and
that energy has to come either directly or indirectly from the engine. So!
 With respect Graham.  Doesnt that make the arguement for suckers?

Finally. Apart from Tonys' offer of a T&S  (the electric drive should be a
good balance against a bug getting stuck up a sucking tube). I still don't
seem to be getting any bargain offers, nor do I seem to be getting helpfull
pros an cons regarding the variety of round and oblong bits. For example,
would it be wise to consider any thing less expensive than Narco, and is Mode
C important?

Bryn