Re: Re: off subject

Subject: Re: Re: off subject
From: Jim Campbell <publisher@usaviator.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 11:50:22
Mr. McCallum wrote:

SNIP

> my last sighting of campbell was climbing out of a back window in a
successful attempt to not face me.

>Miles

Boy... I had hoped not to do this... but since our back windows were
screened in and DID NOT OPEN, I do have to speak up. The above statment is
an outright falsehood. We tried to reach an accomodation with Mr. McCallum
who felt he was worth more than what we pay everyone else. He refused. The
materials he speaks of were returned and signed off as such by an editor
some time ago. Mr. McCallum speaks incorrectly.
I have a number of friends in the aero-journalism community who differ
substantially from the opinions attributed to them by McCallum. We are
controversial and do not expect to be popular with everyone... but I do
suggest that Mr. McCallum be able to PROVE his claim of editorial
inaccuracy in our reporting before he states so...
Please forgive the further intrusion but when someone attacks you, the
first impulse is to defend yourself. ...

Jim Campbell