Re: Re: off subject

Subject: Re: Re: off subject
From: Dr. Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:23:10
Folks:

Can we just get back to business talking about our serious
aspirations to BUILD and FLY. This is one of the few  sites
where serious people with high standards share their ideas. I
hope this will continue.

Christoph Both #223, Wolfville, N.S. Canada

Date:          Fri, 21 Nov
Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk> Subject:       Re:

>On the subject of Jim "Zoom" Campbell.  How pitiful.  I had no idea that
>a simple listing of an interesting web site would evoke such an evil
>response.  I firmly believe that Mr. Campbell's publication is saving
>lives.  Even if it were true that he had a "personality disorder" he is
>still sacrificing enormously to do us aviators a great service.  Your
>tirade speaks for itself on the type of people he is up against.

Off subject it may be, but I don't think that I can let it pass: having had
some dealings with Jim Campbell (I used to write for US Aviator until he
stopped paying for material, and refused to return my and Ozzy Brown's
photos) and having talked at length with other US based writers and kitplane
manufacturers, It's impossible to take anything he says seriously -even if
there might be a grain of truth in it -and there often wasn't.

 His complete lack of integrity taints anything he does, and one by one,
every publication and manufacturer in the USA has decided to have nothing to
do with him. Ozzy goes apoplectic at the mere mention of his name.... we
have faxes and letters (in response to asking for the return of irreplacable
pictures -never mind about the paltry sums that were offered and never paid)
that are laughable -threatening us with prosecution for persecution (I won't
bore you with the details) and the one time I went to thier offices in
Florida in an attempt to sort things out, my last sighting of campbell was
climbing out of a back window in a successful attempt to not face me. Take
him seriously? There are very few in this world who do.

Shame really, because US Aviator, even if you didn't care for the style, was
something different and had some good ideas. but when criticism turns into
an unfettered vendetta, it shadows all the other stuff with doubt.

Miles