Re: europa mail

Subject: Re: europa mail
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:27:59

> If you really want to hear some truly nasty stories about people in the
> kit aircraft
> industry who are genuine deviates, check out the USAviator magazine web
> site at:
>  www.us-aviator.com//index.htm  Talk about problems!  By the way, I
> never
> heard nor read a single profane word from Jim Campbell the
> editor/publisher
> of the rag.
>
> Keep up the good work, Zoom!
>
> Bill Scholberg

I don't want to create a long thread on Jim Campbell, but I felt that people
should be warned about him.  If you will look on Deja-News under "NTSB SE-4661"
you can find the entire transcript of the court case where he was found to
be not medically qualified for an airman medical certificate due to a
personality disorder.  Here is an except from a summary:

  In early 1980, the FAA seized the medical certificate of James R.
  Campbell.  Campbell demanded and received a hearing by an NTSB
  Administrative Law judge, as was his right.  After hearing the evidence
  and Campbell's testimony, the NTSB Judge sided with the FAA, ruling
  that Campbell "...is not medically qualified to exercise the privileges
  of any class of airman medical certificate now or for the next two
  years, due to the fact that he does have a personality disorder..."
  [Judge Capps, NTSB SE-4661]

  To put it bluntly, Campbell lost his medical because he was a liar who
  could not stop.  He lied about his flight experience and
  qualifications, he lied about his background, and he lied about
  tragedies occurring to people close to him.  He accused those who
  complained about him as having low morals, committing felonies,
  engaging in a "vendetta," operating illegally, or out for personal
  gain.

  The problem is, his current actions and public statements are eerily
  similar to those reported in the NTSB transcript.  Back in 1980,
  Campbell told several people, including the FAA investigator, that he
  had a son...one which did not exist.  A couple of years ago, in a USA
  editorial, he AGAIN claimed to have a son...a statement that was a
  surprise to his employees, acquaintances, and his then-fiancie.  She
  subsequent contacted the person who supposedly was the mother.  The
  woman was a flight instructor in California with whom Campbell had
  attempted to become romantically involved. There had never been any
  relationship, nor any child.

  Several of the cases where he has displayed poor journalistic ethics
  have been explained on the net...a big editorial aimed primarily at the
  marketing director of a particular homebuilt company, WITHOUT revealing
  that the woman in question was his former fiancie who'd left him,
  calling a legal action taken by another kitplane company "quasi-legal"
  and "semi-sneaky" WITHOUT revealing that he, himself, was one of the
  named targets of the action, etc.

Brian