PFA letter to Europa Owners

Subject: PFA letter to Europa Owners
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:33:33
I just received a Flyer magazine that detailed a takeoff incident in a
Europa. It also mentioned that the PFA had sent letters to flying owners with
recommendations as to crosswind limitations and mentioned a left hand cross
wind limit of 7 knots. In fairness, the article did also mention that in the
hands of experience pilots the Europa was capable of handling much greater
crosswinds.

Would the airborne among us confirm if they did receive a letter and if so,
give those of us still sitting on the ground in our Europas full details of
the contents.

I very much suspect that the issue documented in Flyer is largely overcome by
the tailwheel modification but it would be nice to see what the PFA is saying
about the current version.

Thanks

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz