performance variations

Subject: performance variations
From: Reinerh@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:08:48

<< I've flown several Europas, (not including Alan's ) and have been
surprised
 by the wide variation in performance. At one end Kim Prout and his
 apparently "standard" ship which achieves 150 kts full speed and at the
 other G-KITS which seems to have a built in headwind.
 I scratch my head but have yet to discover a simple or single reason for
 differences.
 Graham

on rc models we found the wings to be the answer.
we used to have a contest every year which was flown by using the same type
of model. the differences in performances were realy great. there was one
which stood out big time. this builder used templetes to get the airfoil as
perfect as he could over the entire wing.
he could not be beat.

                reiner