Re: COZY: Re: The great breaker debate . . .Yeahbut.....but...

Subject: Re: COZY: Re: The great breaker debate . . .Yeahbut.....but...
From: cdenk@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 21:13:21
Nick Ugolin writes <breakers to be highly
unreliable >
Murphey's Law will prevail, what can go wrong, will go wrong. One of the main
failure
modes
of fuses is vibration with the little wire breaking. I have replaced more than
my share of
glass cylindrical fuses on autos, trucks, and farm equipment wher there was no
electrical
fault. Just replaced the fuse, and worked for years. Also I usually have dropsy
in flight
and in turbulence at night I would anyday go for the circuit breaker. I have
replaced
1 in
500 hours.

Carl Denk: "cdenk@ix.netcom.com"