Re: exhaust pipe burned through

Subject: Re: exhaust pipe burned through
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:40:35
In a message dated 12/10/97  12:34:28, Klaus wrote::

<< I recently discovered that two front exhaust pipes (front and rear on left
 side) have burned through in their bent radius at the engine side.
 I have now 70 hours on the engine and I suppose that it burned through
 since the last 10 to 20 hours, >>

After the burn-through alert on lagged systems awhile back, I lagged only to
within 6" of the head, but the bends still look in pretty poor shape after 50
hrs. running.  They are not actually burned through but the amount of flaking
makes me think they probably will soon.  So perhaps we will all need
stainless bends  !  I wonder what was on the prototypes ?

Graham C. G-EMIN