OFF-TOPIC (was: Re: Locating stock

Subject: OFF-TOPIC (was: Re: Locating stock
From: Rowland and Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:42:01
Fergus Kyle wrote:

>What wonderful fun! As soon as I ask to read your message, my computor
>immediately calls up MICROSOFT WORD 6

Which would probably do no good anyway since this spam appears to have been
written in Word 7. Shows the level of smartness of the spammers that they
choose a file format few people will be able to read (yet). Of course, as
regular readers will know, I don't approve of M$ products either, so my
research was conducted using one of the swiss army knives available on my
Mac.

And while we're on off-topic messages, did anyone else manage to decode &
see the cute little cartoon van doing its animated tricks, attached to the
message entitled "Hallo!!!!!!!" from andreas wedin on 23 Sep 1997?

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...