Close outs- Stabs

Subject: Close outs- Stabs
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:35:14
Tailplane Close-outs

Just completed the close-outs on the Stabs. A job made easy  thanks to the
Graham
S and
Peter L.close-out techniques.Many thanks I used a combination of the techniques
and
prefered the Microwave Film(in this country called Glad Wrap) as it was less
"clingy"
at
the worst moment. I mounted the Stabs between two saw horses taping the
adjoining
legs
together giving an excellent height to work around and any angle of the core can
easily
be achieved.
Watch out for the curve in the 3mm ply!Bend it back before inserting.
Onto the Anti-servo tabs. Before doing the layups I attached the hinges and
visually mounted the servos on the Tailplanes(allowing for the 3mm inset) to see
how
much additional shaping is needed of the leading edge foam to give adequate
range
of
movement(30mm) and clearance.
Tony, you will be pleased to know that I now throw away brushes, pots and gone
back to
wearing gloves rather then the protection ply!!!On your return trip through LA
pick up
some masking tape from the leading club stores...so cheap..  6 rolls 2inch for
$7.00US.
Cheers
Tim

--