Re: Tailplane

Subject: Re: Tailplane
From: DR. CHRISTOPH BOTH <Christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 08:24:34
Something to look forward to are the flaps then!

Just did it with the material measured according to manual JUST
fitting the 1st AND second layup in one round. Could not have
done it without pet gator!

Cheers,

Christoph Both #223
Halifax/Wolfville, Nova Scotia, canada

Europa Net <europa@avnet.co.uk> Subject:       Tailplane

Hint, I think!?
One problem with doing layups single handed on the tailplane is that...the lack
of those
extra pair of hands. However I overcame this by:
1.In preparation set jig and core into position on the table and draw with a
felt
pen
orientation lines 30 degrees to the slots as per manual.
2. Take the big blocks of spare foam that came with each stab. and position them
on the
table at the trailing edge perpendicular to the orientation lines(30 degrees to
the
core chord), one for each layup and mark on the table its position.
3.With the cloth(taped each end with masking tape) rolled up on a plastic tube
position
the tube on the block so that once unrolled will cover the the core .Once
positioned,

tape down one end of the cloth to the block. Practice unrolling it before the
real

thing!!I mark on the cloth with a felt pen straight lines along the main fibres
to check
the orientation.
4.The blocks can now be removed to allow room to dry micro and micro slurry.
When
ready
for the first layup reposition the first block with the tube and cloth taped to
in, and
unroll it evenly over the core.Remove the block and then wet out.
Works well.Accurate orientation and speedy.
Cheers
Tim

--
Timothy. P. Ward