Re: Interior noise

Subject: Re: Interior noise
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:50:30

>I've just noticed that the rear bulkhead booms loudly if thumped. I guess
>it will amplify any vibration. Think I might add lightweight stiffening
>next winter.

I rather feel that stiffening isn't what's called for -damping is. My
Luscombe (yep -I had one of those and very nice too, as long as you don't
mind looking out of a letter box!) had sound dampening panels all over, made
---From lead filled foam rubber mat. Worked a treat -it was easily the quietest
Luscombe to land (where the main drumming used to occur) that I have
experienced -but it also added a fair bit to the empty weight. You pays your
money and tares your choice -but I'd be delighted to hear of any lightweight
solutions.

Miles