Re: VP-Prop

Subject: Re: VP-Prop
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 00:52:37
Arplast VP prop is available - delivery 2 - 6 weeks
Arplast prop is recomended with VP option.
The constant speed option is over complicated and gives little extra
benefit.
The Arplast prop currently gives 30 km/hr more than the MT prop on the
Ban-bi.
The MT prop is very well made, easy to install and very reliable but is
also three times the price.

Dyn Aero (Christophe Robin) is working on a development of the Ban Bi
specifically for the German market. The cost of the aircraft is high and he
currently has expectations of orders for 20 aircraft as soon as German
certification is recieved. Fitting a German made propeller to an aircraft
for sale in Germany has some sales sense. I was at the Dyn Aero factory
yesterday looking at my new kit.

This reply is made to the Europa news group as that was the source of the
original question.

I'll be pleased to answer direct questions more specifically.

Jerry (UK supplier of Arplast propellers and Ban-bi aircraft)

                                         Flying Hi - Wish I was
                                       jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk
                                http://www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown

----------
> From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
> Subject: VP-Prop
> Date: 31 August 1997 08:13
>
> Graham,
> concerning the Arplast prop, would you advise using the two blade or the
three
> blade prop and which diameter ? Do you have the constant speed option ?
For
> realiabillity reasons I would think the normal VP without constant speed
> electronic is to be preferred.
> In Epinal I talked to Pierre Robin about the Arplast prop becouse I saw a
MCR01
> fitted with the Muehlbauer prop. He told me that although he prefers the
Arplast
> prop, he had to fit the Muehlbauer becouse Arplast couldn't deliver....
Do you