Bungee Tensions...

Subject: Bungee Tensions...
From: Bampfylde John NZ-WGTN-PIC <wlgjsba@eynz.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 08:07:00

The old familiar subject of bungee cords, but I have lost the old messages
unfortunately.

After the original setting up, I have retensioned the bungee cord a couple
of times.  It still needs a good firm push to retract even now.  I have two
questions:
1.  When flying, do the flaps help retraction?   I remember in GODTI seeing
the lever slowly migrate upwards, needing only a moderate push to get it in
the up gate.
2.  Does the bungee stop stretching after a while- I presume when new there
is some play in it, which decreases with age and extension?  If I set it up
now, leave for 2 months and then adjust it before putting the engine in,
will that see it stable?
Which brings me to a further question-
With the Singleton Firewall and engine in place, can one alter the tension?

John Bampfylde, #130