Re: Re: Fuel Tank

Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Tank
From: John O'Connor <OCONNORJ@btmaa.bel.alcatel.be>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 08:47:29
Miles McCallum wrote:

> Anyone toying with the idea of an ali tank, and how
>to fit it?

I had an ali tank made up for one of my Europas.

(Er, that is one of my Lotus Europas.) :-)

The total cost was about UKP200. That was for about 30litres and
included a sender unit for a fuel gauge and plumbing to interconnect
twin tanks. There are lots of companies around who make ali tanks
for old cars and they should be able to do one for a flying Europa
easily.

You might consider getting the tank anodised as well. That is not
normally done for cars but it is supposed to make the tanks last
longer.

John