Fuel recirculation

Subject: Fuel recirculation
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:41:15
There is a fuel flow test in final inspection to ensure that the fuel pumps
can deliver "25%" excess fuel flow at max. revs..   Mine shows an excess of 4
ltrs/hour, which is only 25% of 12 ltrs/hour, which is much lower than that
applying at 75% cruise. If I now apply the fuel recirculation mod., thus
by-passing some of the delivery  to the engine, this test will fail even at
economy cruise.  I understand the factory has taken this into consideration,
so perhaps my pumps really are deficient.  I would be interested to know how
much excess (in ltrs/hr) other builders with 912UL's have measured.

Graham C   G-EMIN