HKilian@compuserve.com

Subject: HKilian@compuserve.com
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 18:29:46
Herb,
Could you please give me the details of the manufacturer of the AEW 24 of
yours so that I can contact them to try and get hold of one of these skin
temperature sensors. SP Systems Technical Division have quoted the following
temperature variations on white skinned aircraft. Quote 1:" If as you say
the ambient temperature is 45 Degrees this will give a surface temperature
of 75 Degrees on a white painted surface."
Quote 2 "I do not know if the Europa was designed with or without a postcure
so I can not comment if this is the case. But I would like to point out that
Ampreg 20 with slow hardener which is allowed to cure at room temperature
for 4 weeks has a HDT (Heat Distortion Temperature)of 51 Degrees, I have
referred to a graph which shows ambient air temperature against surface
temperature for different coloured surfaces. The "best" colour is white
which would allow you to have a air temperature of 24-25 Degrees. IF on the
other hand you give the laminate 16 hours at 50 Degrees this will give a HDT
of 71 Degrees from the same graph a white laminate would require a ambient
air temperature of approximately 40 Degrees to reach that temperature.
to a lesser degree Strength after Postcure, I now have a dossier  of
correspondence with SP and have a good, helpful contact for queries.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236