Re: build time

Subject: Re: build time
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 14:38:58
>Now that there are several Europas flying I'm curious what the actual
>build times are? Are they matching the factory estimates very well?
>
>I would also like to know what the crosswind capability of the Europa
>is?
>
>And last, how many builders are there in the U.S.?
>
>Thanks
>Ken Bauman
>
>Dear Ken,

Thank you for your recent email and for your interest in the New Europa
developments.
We have now sold over 425 kits worldwide including around 70 in the USA. 55
customer built Europa are already flying including 3 in the US.

Regarding building times there are obviously no set times, it depends on
each builder's ability and rapidity. Nevertheless I can give you some
indications. With the "old" Europa kit, I believe the quiskest time that we
know of is just over 920 hours and the longest 1,500. However as you know
the new kit has been modified and now comes premoulded and highly
pre-assembled. Therefore we estimate the building time between 600 and 1000
hours.

As far as the crosswind capability is concerned it is 15 kts.

I hope this will answer your queries.
Should you require further details, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards

Lauren Charvet
Sales & Marketing Manager