equipment pool

Subject: equipment pool
From: Peter Davis <peterdavis@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 21:44:16
At the AGM at Cranfield, Outgoing Chairman Ron informed us that there was a
surplus of funds in the bank and proposed that one good way of using some
of it would be to buy some kit for the benefit of Builders. The idea was
for stuff that we may need only once or twice and that did not merit buying
ourselves, although if there was a Club pool that could be drawn on, then
many of us could benefit.

In an odd moment I found that I had put up my hand as 'Keeper Of The
Tools', and, realising that there are no tools as yet, thought I should put
the word out and sound out people's opinions and suggestions.

What is the feeling out there? How can this best be put into operation?

As yet I don't know what funds may be available, but it is never too early
to ask everyone's opinion.

If it is generally agreed that this would be a good idea - and I assume
that the 'Committee' has already decided this - we could be open to
suggestions as to what pieces of kit people feel would be of most benefit
for the club to hold. It may also be more economical to purchase second
hand kit off members, thereby helping them at the same time as making our
funds go further.

Please let me know what you feel and I will feed the info. back to the
Committee, as I suppose it must be them who authorise the spending of the
funds, not me!

So as not to clog up the forum, please respond to me direct at
peterdavis@lineone.net unless you have anything of general consideration.

Regards,

Peter D