Re: Engine compression

Subject: Re: Engine compression
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 18:56:12
Yes  Graham Gemin you got it right in volts n' amps. What I do not really
understand  is why we need one method  of testing engines that normally fly
thru the air and another for engines that only fly thru the air after they
hit the crash barriers.stop  I think I've got it
Mayhap that we lost too many fitters tangled in the prop whilst doing a car
type comppression  test on a 1000 hp radial.  Anyone out there know a serious
technical reason  for the difference.  I have used a "car type" on a two
stroke flying machine engine and got sensible answers so I was going to  do
the same with my four stoke rotax unless someone can tell me why I sholdn't

Thanks Peter for your answer on recombinant batteries  I am going to try one
that I have nursed back to health by some careful TLC after it suffered what
was thought to be  a fatal  attack of the absolute flatteries.   It is only
rated at 12 AH tho and although it is a good bit smaller volume than the 30AH
job suppied by Ivan it doen't weigh a heck of a lot less . The ratio of the
weights is no where near the raio of the rated capacities so I hope that the
performance of the recomb does not fall of as rapidly as does the ordiary
lead acid.

Thanks all for your answers  Keep well good night Ron S
PS  Has anyone other than Graham S flown both the NSI and  Eco prop variable
pitch props.??? If so  comment please.