Re: Fuel tank

Subject: Re: Fuel tank
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:42:04
In a message dated 10/07/97  16:59:32, you write:

<>
How come Rolf, I thought you were flying now. or has everything fallen away
?-

<< I had an idea the later tanks were a
 different size? Mine is one of the earlier ones I believe and the
 capacity is 70 l. >>

I think the earlier ones were supposed to be 18 gal which is over 80ltrs.
though you need the top tube mod to get anything like that into it. Ad when
you do it's off the top of the sight gauge.
You can tell by the amount of space between the sides and the fuselage. With
mine you can barely get the pitot past, but its over 5/8 " on the new ones.
Also the early ones had the top orifices on opposite sides which was changed
to make insertion easier.

Graham C.