NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Mandatory Mod. 40

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Mandatory Mod. 40
From: Administrator <AdministratoratEO@ccmail.eo.ray.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 08:38:16

Delivery Failure Report

 Your       Re: Mandatory Mod. 40
 document:

 was not    "Carl Reynaud AT RAY_RMC_NAUTECH@EO"
 delivered

 because:   User "Carl Reynaud AT RAY_RMC_NAUTECH@EO" not
            listed in public Name & Address Book

   EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US, EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US,
   EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US

                   ________________________

cc:
From:     europa@avnet.co.uk AT smtp@EO-ccMail
Date:     06/23/97 08:38:16 AM
Subject:  Re: Mandatory Mod. 40

Carb ice

I'm sure that the debate about carb ice / carb heat on the
Rotax 912 will never reach a satisfactory conclusion.

I can only reiterate that, with the cold air plenum inlet
system fitted to our demonstrator G-ODTI for over a year, we
have not been able to find the symptoms of carb ice.  But  "one
swallow does not a summer make".  So we are mindful that it is
not impossible that someone flying a Europa with a cold air
inlet system to their Rotax 912 engine may experience carb ice!

I don't doubt that certain installations of 912 in other
aircraft types have experienced carb icing, as another e-mail
message says.  We haven't in our Europa.

The O-200 engine fitted to my Long-Ez, an engine notorious for
carb icing in Cessna 150's, has never suffered from carb ice in
11 years of flying.  I mention this only to illustrate the
point that the engine installation has a marked effect on
whether or not carb ice will form.

Regards

Andy

                  Address for Europa Aviation technical back-up
 is
enquiries@europa-aviation.co.uk

_______
The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

    by gatekeeper.ray.com