NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Cost control during con...

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Cost control during con...
From: Administrator <AdministratoratEO@ccmail.eo.ray.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 16:29:46

Delivery Failure Report

 Your       Re: Cost control during construction
 document:  stage

 was not    "Carl Reynaud AT RAY_RMC_NAUTECH@EO"
 delivered

 because:   User "Carl Reynaud AT RAY_RMC_NAUTECH@EO" not
            listed in public Name & Address Book

   EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US, EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US,
   EOLEX-MS01/EO/Raytheon/US

                   ________________________

From:     europa@avnet.co.uk AT smtp@EO-ccMail
Date:     06/21/97 04:29:46 PM
Subject:  Re: Cost control during construction
          stage

tsang_i@arch.usyd.edu.au wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> As a final student from the Univeristy of New South Wales
(Australia) in > Built Environment, presently i am doing a
thesis topic on " The > construction cost management during the
construction stage", now just > would like to ask would it be
possible that i can get some information > related to this
topic.  Such as the way how the builders manage and > monitor
the cost in the construction stage.  Hope to hear from you. >
Thank You.

> Your sincerely,
> Corine.
> e-mail - u2164430@student.unsw.edu.au
_________
> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

Dear Corine

I have not begun construction although all materials to hand
for the airframe and I have been thinking about wether to keep
detailed costs. I think most builders are in this work for the
interest. Nearly all are first time builders so that each
project is like a civil construction in that you do not build
up an expertise which can be put to financial advantage by
constructing the next one in half the time you take for your
first one.

What happens is that most save up enough to get the first kit
and build it without counting hours or keeping account of all
the little extras bought to do it your way eg do you clean
scissors when they get covered in epoxy or keep buying cheap
new ones and throw them away?

I do not think you are going to find any information useful for
your course from homebuilders and suggest you contact some of
the firms like Drifter, Jabiru Aircraft Pty Ltd,PO Box 5186,
Bundaberg West, Qld 4670 (fax 071 552669) or Lightwing and find
out what they are doing regarding construction planning
schedules and costing arrangements. Their addresses ought to be
in the aero magazines such as Pacific Ultralights Monthly from
a newsagent.

Best Wishes in your finals
Bob Gowing (Builder No 327)

_______
The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

    by gatekeeper.ray.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:57:05 -0700
From: J R Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>