Re: FLYING - long trips

Subject: Re: FLYING - long trips
From: Mark Talbot <markt@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 21:31:51

>RE: Overnight stays on long trips.

This has the makings of a really useful and interesting idea. We all have
our own ideas of where we enjoy flying in our own localities. We can easily
pool them and produce interesting trips for others outside our own areas.
And it is a huge help to know that there would be a contact number in any
area where one might get help if trouble (weather/mechanical etc) arose. In
our beautiful area of North Yorkshire, for instance, I would always
recommend a flight along the coast from Bridlington to Whitby with a landing
at Scarborough (Willy Howe) Grass strip 700 m and the best grass in Europe.
The North Yorkshire Moors are always stunning and Bagby Airfield near Thirsk
is always friendly and interesting. The "Factory" is also close by at
Kirkbymoorside!

If we all put this kind of information together, with details of local
friendly grass strips, owners of trailers etc we can have the equivalent of
the Flying Farmers Association tailor made for Europas.
Mark Talbot (Europa G-BWCV)