fuel tank, OE-CKD

Subject: fuel tank, OE-CKD
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 12:38:51
Just before my first flight I checked my fuel tank, which remained filled for
the last four weeks and - surprise surprise - it expanded in the center for
about 1/4 inch and touched the aileron link rod, although I have my fuel tank
spacers installed and had my tank filled during four weeks before installation
(as recommended). After installation I had a clearance of 5mm between the tank
and the link rod.
It's obvious that my fuel tank is of a living species! BTW capacity is >80
litres.
The following modification was done: by fixing the the aileron link rod on the
front side of the port side aileron control crank. I believe that on G-WAUWAU
(G-ELSA) the same problem occured somewhere in the hot USA. Hoping to get
approval for this mod or another idea to stiffen the tank from our beloved
leader.