Re: Flying question:

Subject: Re: Flying question:
From: MSmith1565@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 06:58:16
Regarding Alan Stewarts question there may not be a simple answer to this.
There are to many variables that affect Europas speed. For instance...
 2   Ambient temperature.
 3   Cleanliness of prop...THIS CAN MAKE 10 kts + -...
   THere may be other factors such as attitude and trim a well flown Europa
"on the step" can be 5 kts faster...
We have decreased the pitch to 16 degrees for the Summer from our Winter
setting of 17. This has cost us 5 kts in cruise . Even at this setting we are
not happy with take off performance . THeanswer of course is a V.P. prop.
We will be at Noth Weald on Saturday and look forward to meeting other
flyers.

Mike Smith Europa 39