Oil Pressure on Startup of New Rotax 912

Subject: Oil Pressure on Startup of New Rotax 912
From: wabeattie@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:33:34

In the initial startup of my "out of the box" 912 the oil
pressure gauge indicated 75 psi. I expected some delay in
the pressure rise and did not expect the pressure to be so
high at the 2300 factory set warmup RPM.

Should I suspect the gauge or sender or is the pressure
always at the upper limit on a new engine?

I did not run the engine for more than 1 minute before shut
down. Check of the gauge did not turn up any error.

I have an oil cooler installed in the feed line from the oil
tank. I filled it manually and pulled the engine through
forward until oil was being pumped into the reservoir tank.
Could I have a problem with the system?

Wayne