Re: Door Security

Subject: Re: Door Security
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 21:39:40

> Might adding micro switches only get you  to rely on them?

>You could then get caught out if you fly in someone else's plain vanilla
>Europa in the future.

I don't think that is a valid argument. The door warning is there to provide
confirmation that the door is closed. It has already been shown that an
experienced pilot can believe the door bolt to be home when it in fact isn't.
An electronic indicator (as found on the majority of family cars these days!)
is a simple and effective mechanism to ensure that the bolts are in fact in
place.

When flying in another persons plain vanilla ( do they exist?) Europa it
would be very clear that the door warning doesn't exist. Besides, is it not
the pilots responsibility to ensure that he is familiar with the individual
aircraft's systems prior to operating the craft?

Tony

ps

Anyone else care to join us in Auckland Monday night? By pure fluke it seems
we suddenly have an Australasian Europa builders meeting at my place that
night :-)

Flying time from the UK is only 25 hours, east coast US 17 hours and west
coast 12 hours!! All are welcome :-))))

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 358 9127