Re: Door Security

Subject: Re: Door Security
From: Europa Aviation Ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:52:43
 The factory
>recommend filing the tips back, still maintaining them flush with the bush
>when closed.  This somewhat erodes the centering action of the cone, but so
>be it..

       The factory does not recommend filing the tips of the shoot bolts.
Are you confusing this with the last para on page 10-27?

We're looking closely at the door latch system with a view to preventing an
incident similar to yours happening again. Ensuring that there is a smaller
gap for the shoot bolt to cross before it engages into the hole would
certainly be an improvement but would not stop the door from opening once in
flight, I doubt.

There are several areas of the latching system which we are examining for
improvement but there will always be the need to check that the door is
properly secured before flight.
Might adding micro switches only get you  to rely on them? You could then
get caught out if you fly in someone else's plain vanilla Europa in the future.

Regards

Andy
Address for Europa Aviation technical back-up
is      enquiries@europa-aviation.co.uk