Re: Swich rating?

Subject: Re: Swich rating?
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 15:32:02
It is important to check the DC rating on the switch. You will note that many
of the RS Switches only have AC ratings. They almost certainly have gold
contacts on the switches and probably would only support low current DC
unless specifically stated that they can support higher currents. Putting
high current DC through these switches could possibly result in arc over and
welded contacts.

Automobile switches would work fine but do check the rating of the switch
first.

RS do have some miniature toggles with high current DC contacts - my
catalogue is in the office and I am a home wid a code so I can't dig out the
numbers.

Tony